Why Every Job Seeker Should Have a Personal Website, And What It Should Include
iPage PROVIDES A $2.25 per MONTH WEB HOSTING PLAN. PERFECT FOR THE JOB SEEKER WHO WANTS TO ADD A PERSONAL WEBSITE TO THEIR JOB SEARCHING STRATEGY. CLICK THE iPage AD BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
By: Tanya Willette
The job interview process can be stressful, but with a little prep-time and practice, it could be a breeze. While some job interview questions may vary from job to job, below is a list of the top 102 questions most commonly asked during an job interview.
Job Interview Questions about your Work History
- Name of the company, position titles and description, dates of employment.
- Who were your company’s top competitors?
- What were your job expectations? To what extent were they met?
- What were your starting and final levels of compensation?
- What were your responsibilities?
- What major problems and challenges did you face? How did you handle them?
- What was the biggest accomplishment in this position?
- What was the biggest failure in this position?
- What was most rewarding about this position?
- What was least rewarding about this position?
- What was it like working for your supervisor?
- What were your supervisor’s strengths?
- What were your supervisor’s weaknesses?
- Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor and how you handled it.
- Tell me about a problem you had with a co-worker and how you handled it.
- Why did you (or why will you) leave your job?
- What have you been doing since your last job?
- Why were you fired?
- Why didn’t you give your supervisor a notice?
- Tell me about your experiences with working on a team.
Job Interview Questions about You
- Describe a typical work week.
- Do you take work home with you?
- How many hours do you normally work?
- How many days a week to you normally work?
- How would you describe the pace at which you work?
- What is a comfortable work load for you?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Describe your management style?
- What is your personality type?
- What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
- What have you done to improve your knowledge in the past five years?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What motivates you?
- Do you prefer working in groups or independently?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What criticisms have you received from co-workers?
- What compliments have you received from co-workers?
- When was the last time you were angry? What happened?
- If you could relive the last ten years of your life, what would you do differently?
- If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say?
- Give some examples of teamwork?
- What time of work environment do you prefer?
- If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something, how would you handle it?
- If you know your co-worker is 100% wrong about something, how would you handle it?
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- Describe a difficult work situation or project and how you overcame it.
- What is your definition of success?
- What is your definition of failure?
- Do you consider yourself to be successful?
- Have you already interviewed for other jobs?
- If so, what did you like/dislike about the jobs?
- Have you applied for any other jobs?
- What is your philosophy towards work?
- If you had enough money to retire right now, would you?
- Tell me about your dream job.
- How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
- What qualities do you look for in an employer?
- Describe your work ethic.
- Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a dispute between others.
- Tell me about the most fun you have had on a job/project.
- Have you ever been given too heavy of a workload? If yes, how did you handle that situation?
- What do you consider to be good leadership qualities?
- What do you consider to be bad leadership qualities?
- Would you consider yourself to be an organized person?
- What tools or habits do you use to keep organized?
- In what ways to you raise the bar for yourself? For others?
- How is it evident you take pride in your work?
- On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your vocabulary and grammar skills?
- Are you competitive? If yes, give me an example.
- Who is your role model and why?
- What is your definition of intelligence?
- What is your definition of ignorance?
Job Interview Questions about the New Company and Job
- What can you tell me about this company that nobody else can?
- What interests you about this job?
- What interests you about this company?
- What applicable attributes do you have?
- What applicable experience do you have?
- Why are you the best person for this job?
- What can you do for this company?
- Do you feel you are overqualified for this job?
- Do you feel you are underqualified for this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What challenges are you looking for in a position?
- What can you contribute to this company?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Do you know anyone who works for us?
- How long do you expect to work for us if hired?
- Do you prefer to work in an office or work remotely?
- How has your education prepared you for your job?
- What unique experiences separate you from other candidates?
- Is there anything I haven’t told you about the job or company that you would like to know?
- Expect a list of specific work-related questions.
Job Interview Questions about your Future
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- What are you looking to avoid doing in your next job?
- What are your goals for the next five years?
- What are your goals for the next ten years?
- How do you plan to achieve those goals?
- What are your short-term salary requirements?
- What are your long-term salary requirements?
- Where do you see yourself being in this company in five years?
Mechanical Engineer Jobs
Listed by State – Updated Daily
For more of my job search, job interview and career articles, visit my blog.
About the Author
Hello! I am a Co-Founder of InovaHire, please check out inovahire.com. We have a patent-pending web technology that allows us to offer an employment database with real-time interviewing via a webcam capabilities.
(ArticlesBase SC #505414)